|Crab Noodles in Oyster Sauce|
Crab Noodles in Oyster Sauce
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 package of egg noodles (usually serves 3)
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb of lump crab meat
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- Sauce (1 cup of chicken broth, 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce, 3 tsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tsp of sugar)
- Starch water (mix 1 tsp of corn starch and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Follow package instructions to cook egg noodles.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Fry shallots for a minute and add ginger and half of the green onions.
- Mix sauce in a small bowl and add to saute pan. Bring the sauce to a boil. Add cooked and drained egg noodles to pan and simmer noodles on low until most of the liquid has been absorbed (approximately 5 minutes). Mix in remaining green onions and sesame oil. Remove noodle mixture and keep warm in a covered bowl.
- Add chicken broth to the original pan and turn the heat up to high. Bring broth to a boil and add crab meat. Bring it to a boil again and add starch water. Cook until it's thickened to your liking, then fold in egg white. Cook for another minute or two while stirring gently.
- Place some noodles in a bowl and scoop a little crab meat mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro if you desire. Serve warm.