I've Moved!

Hi! I've moved to www.BaconandSouffle.com. Please visit my new space and subscribe to my feed!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sour Cream + Blueberry = Waffle!

How practical is a waffle maker, exactly? It makes one thing - waffles. Even knowing that, I still had it on my wedding registry. Surprisingly, I have been using it whenever we have a long weekend or a nice relaxing morning, and it really starts the day right. Seeing and eating waffles would make anyone happy (right?).
 

Sour Cream Blueberry Waffles with Blueberry Syrup
This time, I made a sour cream blueberry waffle for brunch, with blueberry syrup drizzled all over it.

You can find All-Clad's Sour Cream Blueberry Waffle Recipe Here

Here is the recipe I used for fresh blueberry syrup that is not overly sweet. I used it the next day as an oatmeal topping too!

Blueberry Syrup
Adapted from Taste of Home
Ingredients
  • 1/6 cup of sugar
  • 1 tbsp of corn starch
  • 1/3 cup of cold water
  • 2 cups of fresh blueberries
Recipe
  1. Combine sugar, corn starch, and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until smooth.
  2. Add blueberries and bring to a boil over medium heat.
  3. Cook and stir for 4 minutes until thickened.

10 comments:

  1. I think I should look for a waffle press, I usually make just pancakes since I don't have one.
    Yours look great! Would love a couple, mmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was anti-waffle maker also, but we got one as a wedding gift and I love it! Made waffles on Sunday..I think we're going to try savory waffles next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the inspiration I needed to get out my waffle maker and put it to good use! That blueberry syrup looks fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks incredible..I think I've been impressed..!

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  5. blueberry waffles, oh my. this sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look of the site! These waffles sounds absolutely delicious too =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at your waffles - I know my preference when I am asked pancakes or waffles next time. Definitely waffles! and love the mix of fresh blueberries with the freshly made syrup on the waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a waffle maker and I just love using it. It makes breakfast more special pressing your own waffle isn't it?
    Thanks for visiting my site. I hope to see and know you more through your posts.
    xo,
    Malou

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember the last time I had a breakfast treat like this. I'm a blueberry fiend so this looks incredible to me. Love how the light shimmers off the syrup. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete