|Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon|
accompanied by Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Here is the delicious healthy recipe I used for my creamy garlic mashed potatoes with 167 calories per serving:
Healthy Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 medium russet potato (approx. 1 lb)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of nonfat milk
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 ounce of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Peel and dice 1 medium russet potato.
- Place in a saucepan, add salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and maintain a boil until the potato is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Heat the milk and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until it is simmering. Remove from heat.
- Drain off water from potato saucepan and add milk-garlic mixture and cheese. Mash potatoes until all is well incorporated. Set aside for 5 minutes to let mixture thicken.