|Chicken Marbella - a variation|
Served with Bread Salad with Tomato and Argula
Chicken Marbella (a variation)
- Chicken Picnic Pack (~5lb bone-in, skin-on chicken legs and thighs)
- 1/2 head of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 8 large garlic stuffed green olives, cut in half, with 2 Tbsp of juice
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 Tbsp of Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine chicken pieces with oil, vinegar, olives and juice, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spoon marinade over chicken pieces and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Pour white wine around chicken pieces.
- Bake for 1 hour. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and olives to a plate and spoon pan juices over the chicken. Sprinkle some parsley on top and serve.