|LA Times' Daily Dish - Bacon and Souffle|
Yes, my bread salad tasted quite delicious! I served it at dinner with Chicken Marbella (a previous post) and the combination was great.
from LA Times
- 1/3lb stale ciabatta
- 1lb tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tbsp of toasted pine nuts
- 3oz of arugula
- Tear bread into pieces and put them in a bowl with water to cover. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in halves and place them in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow salt to pull juice from tomatoes.
- Squeeze as much water out from the bread as possible. Crumble bread into a serving bowl. Stir tomato mixture into the bread, working the mixture to moisten as much of the bread as possible with the tomatoes. Stir in the red onion.
- When ready to serve, add more salt or vinegar to taste. Add pine nuts and arugula to bread salad and toss lightly to mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.