|Funghi misti, fontina, taleggio, and thyme|
|Pizzeria Mozza @ Home|
Funghi misti, fontina, taleggio, and thyme
from The Mozza Cookbook
for the Mushrooms
- Homemade pizza dough (see my Arugula Braised Pork Pizza dough recipe here)
- 1/4lb jumbo white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4lb shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 3-4oz portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stem removed, gills scraped out, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of EVOO
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- kosher salt
- 1oz fontina, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1oz taleggio, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1oz low-moisture mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano, for grating
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine mushroom slices on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss mushrooms to coat them with seasonings. Spread them out in single layer on baking sheet and roast in oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare pizza dough. While it rests, turn oven temperature to 425F.
- Pat dough onto pizza stone or pan using fingers dipped in EVOO. Brush rim of dough with olive oil and season entire surface with salt.
- Scatter mushrooms all over pizza, leaving an 1-inch border without any topping. Scatter all cheeses over the mushrooms and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake pizza for 15 minutes. Served pizza with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.