|Salmon En Papillote with Basil Butter|
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4lb basil butter (recipe follows)
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 bay leaves
- salt, pepper, and paprika
- 15 basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4lb unsalted butter
- few drops of lemon juice
- salt and white pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- To make basil butter, blend basil and garlic in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until well combined.
- Place each salmon fillet on 2 layers of aluminum foil. Place a spoonful of basil butter on each fillet and top each with a slice of tomato. Add a lemon slice and a bay leaf each. Season and seal foil tightly.
- Place foil packages in oven. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Be careful of steam and juice when you open up the foil. The best way is to place those on plates and use forks to open them up slowly. Serve immediately.