I've Moved!

Hi! I've moved to www.BaconandSouffle.com. Please visit my new space and subscribe to my feed!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Indulge, in chocolate, kahlua and frosting

Kahlua makes a wonderful ingredient in drinks and desserts during the holiday season, especially for coffee lovers like myself. I have never been much of a baker, which is why the easiest way to enjoy my Kahlua would be to add it to some hot coffee and steamed milk - creating my very own version of post-dinner coffee.

Mini Kahlua Chocolate Cupcakes with Kahlua Frosting
 
Well, enough of the coffee for now. Family was coming over for dinner and I am sure they would appreciate some cute and delicious mini-cupcakes. So, I combined chocolate, espresso, and Kahlua and made the best tasting cupcakes of all time! The Kahlua was infused by poking some holes into the mini cupcakes while they were still warm. After they cooled, I ladled some Kahlua frosting over the top and added semi-sweet chocolate chips to resemble snowy mountains, or the holiday version, winter wonderland.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    It's so funny to read this post. As I'm sipping on Kahlua-spiked hot chocolate right now. :-p

    Also, on another note of coincidence, I have banana cake, that I poked holes in to pour condensed milk over, sitting in the fridge from this morning's bake. :-p LOL. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie!

    That is hilarious. It appears that great minds think alike. Enjoy your kahlua!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes sound and look decadent!

    ReplyDelete