I've Moved!

Hi! I've moved to www.BaconandSouffle.com. Please visit my new space and subscribe to my feed!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mend the Broken Toasts, with Pesto

Every cook understands the beauty of simplicity. Oftentimes, a complex dish brings out the simplest form of an ingredient.

Red Chile Chicken Bowl
with Red Pepper Pesto Toasts, Truffle Cheese, and BBQ Almonds

After tossing together a quick rice bowl with red chile chicken (marinaded in homemade mexican chile sauce) and some lettuce and avocado, I peeked into the fridge and noticed my new purchase - truffle cheese. So I decided to serve some ezekiel bread with melted truffle cheese and red pepper pesto with smoky BBQ almonds. Odd combination, I know, but the tinge of lime flavor in a freshly made red pepper pesto combined with salty BBQ nuts really brings out the creamy melted truffle cheese.

I heard rumors that red pepper pesto is the new "pesto". I doubt most would ever give up the beloved green pesto for good, but I do believe that variations of red pepper pesto are going to be increasingly popular. It's not just tasty, it's gorgeous! Did I mention that I used smoky BBQ almonds in the pesto? I wish I had a few more of these broken toasts!

5 comments:

  1. red pepper pesto is amazing!!! i love it!! and ezekial bread, bbq roasted almonds - my food! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the red pepper pesto in combination with bbq almonds and truffle cheese sounds terrific! Yummy toasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a perfect hearty meal. I have never seen toast with so many layers of texture, flavor and color; amazing. Thanks for the intro to red pepper pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good looking meal! The toast sounds fantastic, what a great combo of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing. I love truffle cheese, i can remember the 1st day i had it. i was hooked. Truffle ham is also insanely good :)

    ReplyDelete