|Butter Braised Figs, Cheese, Nuts|
with Balsamic Syrup
Adapted from Jennifer Jeffrey
- 10 green ripe figs
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of toasted pine nuts
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a small nonstick pan. Rinse figs and pat dry. Cut off the sharp tips of figs and make a cross-shaped cut halfway deep into the figs like the photo above.
- Place figs in pan with melted butter and let it sit for 3 minutes, until the bottoms of the figs begin to soften. Toast nuts until lightly browned.
- Remove figs and set them on a plate or cheese board.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high and let it reduce by half.
- Slightly push open the tops to expose the insides of the figs. Sprinkled grated cheese into each. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the top. Serve warm as appetizer or dessert.