|Green Lentil Salad, Roasted Vegetables, Fresh Mozzarella|
I used Crisco EVOO to make a warm green lentil salad with roasted vegetables and fresh mozzarella.
Green Lentil Salad
From LA Times Test Kitchen
- 1 cup of French green lentils, rinsed
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped roasted carrots*
- 2 chopped roasted shallots*
- 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp of fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp of dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/8 cup of packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3oz fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Place lentils, bay leaf, garlic, 4 cups of water, and 1/2 tsp of salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain lentils well and discard water, bay leaf, and garlic. Transfer hot lentils to a large bowl. Add roasted chopped carrots and shallots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, 1/8 tsp of salt and a pinch of pepper. Transfer dressing to the bowl of lentils and toss gently.
- Add parsley, tomatoes, and mozzarella and toss again, gently, just to combine. Serve warm.
Crisco Olive Oil
~ Crisco EVOO - bold and fruity flavor, presents a rich olive flavor in dishes. Ideal for salad dressings, marinades, and dips.
~ Crisco Pure Olive Oil - mild and smooth flavor, adds a hint of fruity olive flavor to meals. Ideal for sauteing meats and vegetables.
~ Crisco Light Olive Oil - extra mild in flavor, perfect for everyday cooking. Ideal for baking and all-purpose cooking oil.
|Crisco Olive Oil (100% extra-virgin, pure, and light)|