I've Moved!

Hi! I've moved to www.BaconandSouffle.com. Please visit my new space and subscribe to my feed!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Easy and Tasty: Pan Roasted Duck Breasts

When I reach for something at the grocery store, I always know exactly what dish it is for; it could be chicken breasts, oranges, or just a single red onion. My type A personality is easily reflected in my cooking. So when I asked for two organic duck breasts without any idea on how to cook them, imagine my own surprise.

After some research, I learned that duck legs are usually gently braised to make a very rich, flavorful dish like duck confit. Duck breasts, however, should be seared and pan roasted to extract maximum flavor. I decided to sear the seasoned breasts and roast them in the oven for a few more minutes.

Pan Roasted Duck Breasts with Mushroom Gravy and Lemon Quinoa Salad

It was unbelievable how easy it was to make and how delicious the dish was. I think I will be reaching for duck a lot more from this day on.

6 comments:

  1. I love pan roasted duck breast, always my favorite! It sounds wonderful with mushroom gravy and the lemon quinoa salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck is definitely one of my favorite things to cook with! The flavor is just superb! These sounds really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding people that duck is delicious and easy to prepare. I wish that duck breast was more readily available in our stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The duck breasts look perfect and irresistible. The natural light really brings out the beauty of this dish, which looks meticulously plated by a Type A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for stepping outside of your comfort zine and just grabbing something and figuring out what to do with it later. That's the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like perfectly cooked duck to us! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete